Monday 14 June 2010

Couple more things from the conference


There are a couple of things I forgot to mention about the conference, the first one, is about finding the snake!!
ONe of the boys found it in his tent, and we all had a good old gawp at it for a while before he took it away, far from the camp site.

Then I just wanted to say a bit more about the train, this is the only photo I could find of me on the train - I was feeling camera shy



THen the fact that apart from at UB, there arent really "stations" as such, just "places that the train stops".  this meant that we had quite a distance between the door and the ground getting off -



And getting back on was even harder! 

Also, the rope bridge, I have come across more rope bridges in Mongolia than anywhere else, its great, very "temple of doom"



Anyway, so that was what I missed out of the last post (these photos I 'nicked' off someone else, but he'd put them on facebook so I dont think he can sue me for copyright - I hope....).

Now, back in UB, life back to however normal it can be in this city.  It is the World Cup, so there is a slightly manic atmosphere, there are tents up for people to watch the football in.  Due to the time difference, the games are live at 10pm and 2am here.  I am NOT into football so will be avoiding all things WC related. 

The last pub quiz used the world cup as a template, the table round was "identify the flag" and embarrassingly, I failed to identify the english flag......hummm....

I hope to go to the countryside on wednesday to take part in another voice box episode, about tourism, I might get to ride a camel again!

I met up with a guy the other day who is doing a very interesting project, travelling the world photographing capital cities.  check out his website at http://www.streetsoftheworld.nl/ 

Oh, and workwise, last week I had the BEST LESSON EVER!  I finally have got the hang of writing a proper lesson plan - and we went through the homework I had given them, and everyone participated and came up with some really good answers.  I was so pleased, I was buzzing.

Tomorrow the lesson is moving the patient, which I did with another group a while ago, and it went very well then, so I hope to repeat that success....

No comments:

Post a Comment