Saturday 17 April 2010

Caffers goes Cafflick

So, after a fun friday night, saturday was very quiet, I had dinner at Kates, spicy meatballs in tomato sauce with spaghetti..mmmmmmmm.  then went home and got an early night as I had to be up for Church the next day, Easter!

I managed ot find the church ok, having been given the head up on its existence by the Philipino VSO's.  A little non-descript building sitting apart from the road and the rest of the buildings, it was like the tardis - outside a corrogated iron shack, inside a bright, spacious, beautifully but modestly decorated.  The mass was said in Mongolian and in English, and there was a Mongolian choir.  I was asked to do the first reading!  But since I am quite used to reading in Church I was not fazed.

The mass was lovely, but very long because of being said twice.  The only bad thing was this freaky american woman, who got up and sang the single most hideous song I have ever heard in my life.  I can hardly bear to think about it, but must recount the full horror for the sake of posterity.  She was one of these women who is utterly conservative, frumpy, she was wearing a padded alice band for goodness sake, and the ugliest cardigan that ever lived.  She looked like - you know really bad films from the 80's, where there is a really minor character, in a film set in a really backward little place.....she looked like that.  ANYWAY, I cant help being horrible about her because of the song, if she hadnt of sung it, I could have ignored her frightful dress sense.  So - she stands up, clutching the microphone, with an expression of pained piety, and begins to 'sing' (caterwauling would be a better term for what she did).  The song was an abomination.  I cant actually bring myself to tell you what it was about, but I came out in hives, got a headache, felt sick and nearly died.  it was that bad.

Sooo, then i went to have lunch at Kate's, which was LUSH, beef panang curry with jasmine rice.  then I went and skyped with my family, which was LUSH, and then I went to play poker, which wasnt lush as I didnt win.  Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment