Saturday 17 April 2010

What is with the arse slapping guys?!?!

So - I returned from Darkhan with renewed vigour, ready to take work by the horns again, shake it around and get something going.

Khulan, my boss, was back from Japan, and my interpreter had been paid, and had a good rest.  Tempers were restored to the 'genial' setting, and new plans were ripe for picking.

I had a meeting with Khulan, presented my training schedule proposal, and aske dfor what I needed, the hospital policies, and the trianing schedule currently in place.  It all went fine, and my first lesson was planned for the following tuesday. YIKES!  I had to get writing!

Went out thursday to celebrate being back in UB, by having a HUGE meal at one of the most expensive restaurants in town......

So on friday the energy had kind of dissipated at work....but I still managed to get a lot done.  Friday night was a night in Strings, the club with the philipino rock band, i danced til 4am, and spent saturday on Kate's sofa.

I realised that weekend, that I had not been paid either, and had spent my last money on a meal out and dancing.  I had exactly 300 tugrugs left, with is about 15p.  That was enough for busfare home on saturday night, but on sunday I was rather stuck.  I had a tin of sardines, and a bottle of water in my flat.  So sunday was a quite hungry day, and early to bed.  At least I got my sweeping and laundry done.

I have been getting my bum slapped as I walk down the street, twice by kids, and twice by grown men.  It is slightly disconcerting.

Anyway, this week just gone, at work, went well.  My training sessions went ok, the first one was a bit of a shambles, but a saved it by turning it into a discussion about the differences between UK and mongolian nursing, and invited them to ask me any questions they wanted.  I was kind of expecting questions about illnesses, operations and stuff, but instead they wanted to know what hours UK nurses worked, how much they get paid, and what the uniform is like.  Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment